Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 10 Min.
Serves: 4 Servings
- 12 ounces soba noodles
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 to 3 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 rotisserie chicken, shredded or sliced
- 3 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions, green part only
- 2 tablespoons pickled ginger, minced
Cook soba noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside (or refrigerate until later in the week).
In a blender or food processor, combine jalapenos, honey, cilantro, and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper and puree until smooth. Add 2 to 3 tablespoons of water to the mixture until desired consistency is achieved. Pour the 2 teaspoons of olive oil into a preheated skillet. Add the shredded chicken and the blended sauce and cook until heated through.
In a medium bowl, combine cooked soba noodles, soy sauce, sesame oil, scallions, and pickled ginger. Toss and them transfer to serving bowl. Pour heated chicken and sauce over noodles. Plate and Enjoy!