Monday, June 14, 2010

Which Came First the Chicken or the Picnic?

Easy recipes are my favorite! I love when you don't have to spend all day making something! Last night I got to use one of my favorite easy recipes! My family and I were going to a concert at a park called Ravinia and we decided to pack a picnic to eat there. I made a Honey-Jalapeno Chicken with Sesame Soba Noodles and Pretzel Bread Sandwiches. It was so easy to make! The picnic was wonderful! We refrigerated the noodles and had them cold which tasted just as good as having them warm! The spice from the pepper with  the sweetness of the honey was wonderful! The Pretzel Bread Sandwiches tasted fantastic. I made 2 different types of sandwiches I made Chicken and Ham! Both were amazing! I had a great time at the concert and I am excited to go to my next one!




Honey-Jalapeno Chicken with Sesame Soba Noodles
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 10 Min.
Serves: 4 Servings

Ingredients
  • 12 ounces soba noodles
  • 1 jalapeno, seeds removed
  • 1/3 cup honey
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 2 to 3 tablespoons water
  • 2 teaspoons olive oil
  • 1/2 rotisserie chicken, shredded or sliced
  • 3 teaspoons sesame oil
  • 1/4 cup chopped scallions, green part only
  • 2 tablespoons pickled ginger, minced
Directions
Cook soba noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside (or refrigerate until later in the week).

In a blender or food processor, combine jalapenos, honey, cilantro, and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper and puree until smooth. Add 2 to 3 tablespoons of water to the mixture until desired consistency is achieved. Pour the 2 teaspoons of olive oil into a preheated skillet. Add the shredded chicken and the blended sauce and cook until heated through.

In a medium bowl, combine cooked soba noodles, soy sauce, sesame oil, scallions, and pickled ginger. Toss and them transfer to serving bowl. Pour heated chicken and sauce over noodles. Plate and Enjoy!

  -Emma Lou:-)

5 comments:

  1. Love the recipe, Emma Lou! I'm going to try it very soon once I get my kitchen unpacked in my new apartment although not sure if it will be one of my 'easy recipes'!!

    Also, perhaps you should tag the recipes 'dinner' or 'dessert' so if I'm looking for a recipe and need only dinner ones I can find it easily. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really a great blog, lots of useful information and insights into food and fun. The recipes look great and while we haven't had a chance to do it yet, we are definitely going to have to try them out. Good job Emma!

    What kind of concert was it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The noodles are fab . . . . thanks for sharing this secret receipe! Will you make some this 4th?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emma!! Looks great and sounds even better yummy... Your such a good cook and i miss you I hope you have fun cooking and bloging hehe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. EmmaLou - this is SOO exciting and so cool! Maggie, or course, told me about your blog so I had to come and check it out. I'm very excited to see you and your sister and your momma. I think you arrive this FRIDAY! Yippee! (and just so you know, Maggie is not excited at all --- hahahaaa! just kidding. she's coming out of her skin.) see you SOON!! xxoo!

    ReplyDelete