Saturday, June 12, 2010

Everythings Bigger in Texas

What do you think of when you think of gas stations? I used to think of cars and smelly things. Now I think of Rudy's barbecue!  I went to Austin Texas on my 2010 spring break to visit my Grandma. When I was there we went out to lunch. Now this is not a normal barbecue place. This is a gas station with a huge restaurant instead of a tiny mini mart.When you walk up to the cashier they ask you if you have ever been there. Then if you haven't they give you a sample of all the different meats on the menu. I got the lean brisket.It was the best meat I had ever tasted I also got the creamed corn and  cole slaw. The creamed corn was heaven. It was sweet, warm, and creamy!!! The cole slaw was crunchy and delicious!
Another restaurant we went to was the Round Rock Doughnut Shop. This shop has the biggest doughnuts you will ever see. Even though they were huge they were delicious too. When you take a bite the doughnut almost melts in your mouth. If you are ever in Texas this restaurant is definitely a place to see.
If you ever go to Texas make sure that you know that the "every thing is bigger in Texas" quote is true. You will be leaving Texas with a full belly and wonderful memories.
-Emma Lou :-)

1 comment: