Friday, June 11, 2010

I Scream You Scream We All Scream for Sorbet?

What is the most important meal of the day? This question haunts my mind day in and day out. Although many scientist say that breakfast makes the whole day better I just don't agree. Shouldn't having a nice warm dinner with your family count for something? Maybe the reason that I think this is that I wake up so late. A few days ago I woke up and by the time I had breakfast made and was ready to eat it, it was lunch time. Well yesterday I had the most amazing dinner. It really made you wonder why breakfast was the most important. I made Halibut Fish Tacos. I found this recipe on a blog called over cocktails. http://overcocktails.blogspot.com/2009/06/farmers-market-dinner-halibut-fish.html It has great recipes and I really like it. It was fun to make and really had an affect on my family. I made homemade Pico de Gallo and a sour cream spicy sauce. My dad was questioning if he would like the sauce but when he had some it was his favorite thing on the taco. My little sister liked the fish but didn't like the sauce. My mom thought that they were yummy and fresh.

 After this dish I made a raspberry sorbet with fresh whipped cream. I found this recipe in a Martha Stewart Living magazine. It only took me 10 minutes to make and then into the freezer it went. My family LOVED it. My dad thought that the tart raspberry sorbet with the subtle sweetness of the whipped cream was perfection! My sister wanted all of sorbet and my mom thought that it tasted like real raspberries.
I thought that both dishes were a huge success! I am so excited to have found two new dishes to add to my dinner and dessert lists.






Raspberry Sorbet with Fresh Whipped Cream
Active Time: 10 min. Total Time: 40min.
Serves 4
Using frozen raspberries makes this vibrant sorbet a snap to prepare. (No ice cream maker necessary!)

1/4 cup water
1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
1 bag (12oz) frozen raspberries or 3 cups fresh raspberries, frozen
1/2 cup heavy cream.

1. Stir together water and 1/4 cup sugar until sugar dissoves.
2. Pulse raspberries in a food processor until coarsely chopped with machine running, pour in sugar-water; pulse mixture until smooth. Transfer to an airtight container, and freeeze until firm, about 30 minutes.
3. Whisk cream and remaining tablespoon sugar until soft peaks form.
4. Scoop sorbet into 4 glasses, and top with whipped cream.

Before I transfered into an airtight contianer I strained the mixture. This made the sorbet more smooth.

-Emma Lou :-)

2 comments:

  1. Awesome Emma! :) My mouth is watering! And I love the title of the post!
    -maggie <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emma that looks SOOOOO good! i really wishi had the stuff to make it at this moment! also its too cold here its raining! ugggghhhhhhhh weather!

    ReplyDelete