Thursday, August 12, 2010

A Piece of Pie!

My Family and I had a road trip to a beach town called Saugatauk in Michigan! One our way there we stopped at a pie restaurant called Cranes Pie Pantry! It was a old fashioned restaurant on a huge 98 acre farm! It was a beautiful day and when we pulled into the parking lot we were greeted by green fields for as far as we could see!
When we got inside we saw that all over the pie shop were old antique items! There were old fashion signs, dolls, bikes, books, and much more! I felt like we had gone back in time! For lunch I got a cup of there famous chili and a grilled cheese sandwich! The chili was amazing! The grilled cheese was delicious! But the whole time I was eating them all I could think about was this pie that awaited me at the end of the meal!
You can't believe how many kinds of pie they have on their menu! They have every type of pie you can think of! I choose the Red Raspberry Pie! It was one of the best pies I had ever tasted!  It was a little tart but still sweet! I loved my food at Crane's Pie Pantry!
After we ate we went into the fields and picked some fresh peaches and plums! Then we bought some fresh zucchini! The fruit and vegetables were so yummy and delicious! I didn't know what to do with the two zucchini that we had gotten! So I decided to make Chocolate Zucchini Muffins! I love chocolate so I doubled the amount of chocolate chips!



Zucchini-Chocolate Chip Muffins
Makes 12 Muffins
Ingredients


1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup milk
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup shredded zucchini
1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup chopped walnuts

Directions

1.In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Combine the egg, oil, milk, lemon juice and vanilla; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in zucchini, chocolate chips and walnuts. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done.


-Emma Lou:-)

1 comment:

  1. Yum! You forgot to include the details on the creepy taxidermal animals though! :-)

    ReplyDelete