Friday, July 30, 2010

Pantry Perfection!

I love to raid the pantry when I am bored and find things to make! On my last pantry expedition I found a ripe peache, flour, and cream cheese! So I made a Peach Tart with a cream cheese sauce! I got the dough recipe off of Epicurious! The tart turned out fantastic! It was sweet, creamy, and totally fun to make! The was a cream cheese dough! Here is the recipe! I used the 9-inch pie shell reacipe and the hand method!




After I took the dough out of the fridge I put cream cheese, sugar, and cinnamon into a blender! I spread this mixture on to the surface of the tart leaving about 1/2 an inch of the edge bare! I cut  a peach into tiny slices and spread them all over the middle of the tart in a round formation over the sauce! Then I sprinkled a little bit of sugar, cinnamon, allspice, and nutmeg over the top of the peach! I folded the edges of the tart over the peach leaving a hold over the top of the tart! I folded the edges over each other! Then I put it in the oven at 350 degrees and baked until the edges were golden brown!


-Emma Lou:-)

1 comment: